Personal data and privacy statement
We process personal data relating to customers and to those who are interested in the services we provide. We are committed to complying with our legal obligations in respect of data protection and privacy.
- About us and our services
Our company business name is HAMPSTEAD PIANO ACADEMY. We provide educational services and live performance entertainment. We are Data Controllers for the purposes of current data protection legislation. Our contact details are:
- What personal data do we collect from you?
We only collect the personal data we need to be able to provide you with the services you have asked us to provide or tell you about.
Personal/contact information: name, contact address, email address, telephone number and your child’s date of birth.
- When do we collect personal data?
We will collect information about you when you enter into a contract with us or make enquiries about our services.
- What is our lawful basis for processing your data?
We may only process personal data where we have a lawful basis to do so. We may collect and process your personal data when:
- it is necessary for the performance of contracts with you;
- it is necessary for compliance with legal obligations;
- we have your consent to do so, for example in relation to marketing by electronic means.
- How will we use your personal data?
We may process the information we collect about you:
- to perform any contract we have agreed with you, or to respond to any enquiries you make in this connection before we enter into a contract.
- to respond to any other enquiries or complaints. We need the information you supply to enable us to respond.
- We will only send marketing information to you by email if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- to send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about changes to the services we provide you, for example, updates to this Privacy Statement, and any information legally required which relates to any contracts between us. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. This processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
- to administer our website, and send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. This processing is necessary for development of our services, which is a legitimate interest of our business. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you. You are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by contacting us.
- Who do we share your data with?
To support the efficient running of our business, in some circumstances we may need to share your data with the following:
If this is necessary, we will provide only the information they need to perform the services we require. They will only use the data for the purposes we specify. In some circumstances, we may need to share your personal data with other third parties (including legal or other advisers, regulatory authorities, courts and government agencies) to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
- Our accountants/auditors
- Accounting software company
- Direct debit company
- Examination boards
- How long will we keep your data?
We will only keep personal data for as long as is necessary to provide our services, or for as long as we reasonably need to keep the information for the lawful business purposes.
- Data security
We will take appropriate technical measures to protect the personal data we transmit, store or otherwise process against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration or unauthorised disclosure or access. Our computers and mobile devices are password protected.
- Your rights
You may exercise your rights by contacting us using the details in Contact, below.
- Right to information and access: You have the right to be informed about what personal data we collect about you, why, on what lawful basis and what your rights are. This Privacy Statement is the key document we use to inform you about this. You also have a right to request access to the information that we hold about you, and to receive a copy of this information, along with other information which is generally contained in this Privacy Statement.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request that inaccurate personal data be rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- Right to erasure and restriction: You have the right to ask us to limit or cease processing or erase information we hold about you in certain circumstances. When responding to such requests, we will tell you how such restrictions or deletions may affect our ability to fulfill our contracts with you or otherwise affect your interests.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our using your information for direct marketing. You can also ask us to stop using your information, where we are processing it on the basis of our legitimate interest. We will do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding justification to continue processing your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent: If you have given us any specific consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw it any time. If you wish to tell us that you are withdrawing your consent, please email us.
If you are unhappy with the way we process your personal data, please contact us using the information provided below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF; Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745 https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
If you have any questions about this policy, or you wish to exercise any of your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updates to this statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. We will post updates to this privacy statement on our website, and where appropriate, we may notify you by post or email. Please check our website to stay up to date.